By Nigel Alderman,C. D. Blanton
- An historic assessment and demanding creation to the poetry released in Britain and eire over the past half-century
- Introduces scholars to figures together with Philip Larkin, Ted Hughes, Seamus Heaney, and Andrew Motion
- Takes an integrative technique, emphasizing the complicated negotiations among the British and Irish poetic traditions, and pulling jointly competing developments and positions
- Written via critics from Britain, eire, and the United States
- Includes feedback for additional interpreting and a chronology, detailing an important writers, volumes and events
Read Online or Download A Concise Companion to Postwar British and Irish Poetry (Concise Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Best british & irish contemporary literature books
Literary discourse, together with poetry, fiction and non-fiction, diaries, and drama, this assortment bargains striking and interesting examples of ladies writers who built-in medical fabric of their literary narratives.
An enormous contribution to contemporary serious discussions approximately gender, sexuality, and fabric tradition in Renaissance England, this examine analyzes lady- and male-authored lyrics to light up how gender and sexuality inflected 16th- and seventeenth-century poets' conceptualization of family between humans and issues, human and non-human matters and items.
British Women's existence Writing, 1760-1840 brings jointly for the 1st time a variety of print and manuscript assets to illustrate women's leading edge method of self-representation. It examines canonical writers, equivalent to Mary Wollstonecraft, Mary Robinson, and Helen Maria Williams, among others.
This examine engages the lifetime of shape in modern cutting edge poetries via either an advent to the most recent theories and shut readings of major North American and British cutting edge poets. The serious process derives from Robert Sheppard’s axiomatic competition that poetry is the research of advanced modern realities during the capability (meanings) of shape.
- Violence in Contemporary British Drama: Sarah Kane's play "Cleansed"
- British Women Writers and the Short Story, 1850-1930: Reclaiming Social Space
- Sex and Satiric Tragedy in Early Modern England: Penetrating Wit (Studies in Performance and Early Modern Drama)
- Food and Femininity in Twentieth-Century British Women's Fiction
Extra info for A Concise Companion to Postwar British and Irish Poetry (Concise Companions to Literature and Culture)
A Concise Companion to Postwar British and Irish Poetry (Concise Companions to Literature and Culture) by Nigel Alderman,C. D. Blanton