By Suping Lu
Read or Download A Mission under Duress: The Nanjing Massacre and Post-Massacre Social Conditions Documented by American Diplomats PDF
Best war & peace books
Heo conceptualizes reconciliation in diplomacy conception and fills a spot through construction a theoretical framework for interstate reconciliation. Combining ancient and political medical methods, she analyses case reviews from Europe, the center East, and Northeast Asia.
Via a multi-disciplinary process, this quantity reports the administration and payment of clash and disputes in East Asia. clash and disputes exist in every single place in human society. The administration and cost of them has develop into an valuable. This quantity is an important contribution to a broader knowing of the complexities fascinated about dealing with and settling disputes and conflicts at local, inter-state and intra-state degrees within the East Asian area.
Serious Peace schooling and worldwide Citizenship bargains narrative bills representing a number of methods instructor and learner activists have come to achieve chances for peace and reconciliation via unofficial curricula. With those narratives, the publication demonstrates the connections among serious peace schooling and such an important matters as human trafficking, gang violence, contested narratives of nationhood and belonging, gender identities, and the importance of mentoring.
Bloomfield charts India’s profoundly ambiguous engagement with the thorny challenge of defending weak people from atrocities with no fatally undermining the sovereign nation approach, a question that's now considerably formed via debates concerning the accountability to guard (R2P) norm. Books approximately India’s evolving position in global affairs and approximately R2P have proliferated lately, yet this is often the 1st to attract those debates jointly.
- Risk and Securitization in Japan: 1945-60 (Sheffield Centre for Japanese Studies/Routledge Series)
- Violence, Law and the Impossibility of Transitional Justice
- The EU, the UN and Collective Security: Making Multilateralism Effective (Contemporary Security Studies)
- Security, Reconstruction, and Reconciliation: When the Wars End
- Conflict Transformation and the Palestinians: The Dynamics of Peace and Justice under Occupation (Routledge Studies in Peace and Conflict Resolution)
- Global Perspectives on War, Gender and Health: The Sociology and Anthropology of Suffering (Global Connections (Hardcover))
Extra resources for A Mission under Duress: The Nanjing Massacre and Post-Massacre Social Conditions Documented by American Diplomats
A Mission under Duress: The Nanjing Massacre and Post-Massacre Social Conditions Documented by American Diplomats by Suping Lu