By David J. Kolko,Cynthia Cupit Swenson
A expert publication geared toward practitioners and practitioners in education, this quantity is the 1st try and supply a accomplished, sensible method of the overview and remedy of bodily abused youngsters. whereas there are different books that hide convinced elements of evaluate and therapy, this booklet is accomplished in that it covers child-specific, parent-specific, and family-specific interventions. the quantity will current an summary of kid actual abuse (including information and consequences), it is going to speak about end result stories and remedy implications, and it'll completely speak about evaluation and therapy. it is going to aid practitioners:
- Understand kid's abuse studies, perspectives, exposures to violence, and it'll support disclose considering mistakes or unfavourable attributions. it is going to additionally aid the practitioner aid the kids with nervousness administration, anger administration, social talents, and protection plans.
- Help mom and dad with baby administration and improvement, expectancies and cognitive distortions, habit administration, and discipline.
- Facilitate kinfolk communique and challenge solving.
Read or Download Assessing and Treating Physically Abused Children and Their Families: A Cognitive-Behavioral Approach (Interpersonal Violence: The Practice Series) PDF
Similar psychological counselling books
This publication deals new chances for psychological future health pros who're trying to find how one can adapt conventional treatment and counseling options to deal with the non secular and mental concerns their consumers face. the writer makes use of an Adlerian person Psychology standpoint, which rejects organic determinism and makes a speciality of the impression of robust environmental components on character.
Pat and Sarah had lengthy been neighbors, not only brother and sister. They supported one another, shared track and flicks, and confided in one another as they went throughout the many tough phases of early life. yet anything started to switch in Pat. He was once confident humans have been looking at him, spying on him.
Counseling Latinos and los angeles familia offers an built-in method of realizing Latino households and lengthening competency for counselors and different psychological medical professional who paintings with Latinos and their households. It presents crucial history information regarding the Latino inhabitants and the household, that's so vital to Latino tradition, together with the variety of assorted Spanish-speaking teams, socio-political matters, and altering family members kinds.
Love the Wild Swan is the end result of thirty years of medical and instructing event, undertaken via baby and adolescent psychoanalytic psychotherapist Judith Edwards. besides new fabric, the booklet involves formerly released papers spanning Edwards’s complete profession, that have been rigorously chosen to chart the adventure that each clinician and man or woman makes, from babyhood to grownup lifestyles.
- Paths to Recovery for Gay and Bisexual Drug Addicts: Healing Weary Hearts
- Brief Interventions for Radical Change: Principles and Practice of Focused Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Contemporary Families at the Nexus of Research and Practice
- Multicultural Counseling and Psychotherapy: A Lifespan Approach
Extra info for Assessing and Treating Physically Abused Children and Their Families: A Cognitive-Behavioral Approach (Interpersonal Violence: The Practice Series)
Assessing and Treating Physically Abused Children and Their Families: A Cognitive-Behavioral Approach (Interpersonal Violence: The Practice Series) by David J. Kolko,Cynthia Cupit Swenson