By D. Chan,Claudia Card
Read Online or Download Beyond Just War: A Virtue Ethics Approach PDF
Best war & peace books
Heo conceptualizes reconciliation in diplomacy idea and fills a niche through development a theoretical framework for interstate reconciliation. Combining historic and political clinical techniques, she analyses case experiences from Europe, the center East, and Northeast Asia.
Via a multi-disciplinary procedure, this quantity reviews the administration and cost of clash and disputes in East Asia. clash and disputes exist far and wide in human society. The administration and cost of them has develop into an vital. This quantity is an important contribution to a broader figuring out of the complexities fascinated about handling and settling disputes and conflicts at nearby, inter-state and intra-state degrees within the East Asian quarter.
Severe Peace schooling and international Citizenship deals narrative bills representing a number of methods instructor and learner activists have come to achieve chances for peace and reconciliation via unofficial curricula. With those narratives, the publication demonstrates the connections among serious peace schooling and such the most important concerns as human trafficking, gang violence, contested narratives of nationhood and belonging, gender identities, and the importance of mentoring.
Bloomfield charts India’s profoundly ambiguous engagement with the thorny challenge of shielding susceptible folks from atrocities with no fatally undermining the sovereign kingdom process, a question that's now considerably formed through debates concerning the accountability to guard (R2P) norm. Books approximately India’s evolving function in international affairs and approximately R2P have proliferated lately, yet this is often the 1st to attract those debates jointly.
- When Men Lost Faith in Reason: Reflections on War and Society in the Twentieth Century (Studies in Military History and International Affairs)
- EU Effectiveness and Unity in Multilateral Negotiations: More than the Sum of its Parts? (The European Union in International Affairs)
- The Politics of Humanitarian Technology: Good Intentions, Unintended Consequences and Insecurity (Routledge Studies in Conflict, Security and Technology)
- Peace Studies in the Chinese Century: International Perspectives
- Grassroots Pacifism in Post-War Japan: The Rebirth of a Nation (Sheffield Centre for Japanese Studies/Routledge Series)
- Reflections on War and Peace and the Constitution
Extra info for Beyond Just War: A Virtue Ethics Approach
Beyond Just War: A Virtue Ethics Approach by D. Chan,Claudia Card