By Timo Kivimaki,Timo Kivimäki
Knowledge can create peaceable realities as well as serving as an highbrow software for peace-making. the reason is, pragmatist overview of social technological know-how may still keep away from having a look solely on the instrumental price of other paradigms. This publication investigates the realities that positivism, anti-determinism, symbolic interactionism, social constructivism and demanding conception create, and the instruments they provide for a peace researcher and a peace practitioner. In essence, Paradigms of Peace appears at what social technology can provide to the humanity's look for peace after which deals an time table for peace research.
Using constructivist pragmatist metatheory to lead the review of the advantages of other social technology methods to peace, this booklet indicates thoroughly new methods of taking a look at the idea of peace and warfare. tough theoretical and philosophical constructs are awarded yet constantly supplemented with real-life examples, making it functional and correct to either a examine and policy-making level.
Perfect for college kids and execs of diplomacy, political technology, peace and reconciliation reports, clash and battle reports and history.
- Classical and Constructivist Pragmatism
- Positivism: Social Engineering of Peace
- Toward a Social technological know-how of Peace
- Interpretations as a clash Reality
- Social building of buildings of Peace and Conflict
- Critical techniques and Peace
- Intellectual possibilities for the construction of a much less Violent World
- Conclusions and Missions for Pragmatist Peace Research
Readership: scholars and execs of diplomacy, Political technological know-how, Peace and Reconciliation reviews, clash and conflict reviews and Historians.