By Aysel Yıldız
Read Online or Download Crisis and Rebellion in the Ottoman Empire: The Downfall of a Sultan in the Age of Revolution (Library of Ottoman Studies) PDF
Similar middle eastern history books
The geopolitical heritage of the center East within the 20th century, which falls into 3 rather targeted levels, is healthier understood whilst approached at the same time from the worldwide and the local views. The imperialist part, which all started within the 19th century and lasted till the tip of global warfare II, was once by means of the chilly warfare among the Soviet Union and the West that persisted to the start of the Nineteen Nineties.
This pioneering research makes use of an early seventh-century Christian martyr legend to clarify the tradition and society of past due old Iraq. Translated from Syriac into English the following for the 1st time, the legend of Mar Qardagh introduces a hero of epic proportions whose features confound basic category.
Examines the an important function of the Hashemites in Arab nationalism through the twentieth century, from the 1916 Arab rebel throughout the construction of Arab states after global battle I, the makes an attempt at Arab team spirit, and the institution of 2 kingdoms, to the present Palestinian debate.
By way of targeting the works and highbrow community of the Timurid historian Sharaf al Dīn 'Alī Yazdī (d. 1454), this ebook provides a holistic view of highbrow lifestyles in 15th century Iran. İlker Evrim Binbaş argues that the intellectuals during this interval shaped casual networks which transcended political and linguistic obstacles, and spanned a space from the western fringes of the Ottoman nation to bustling overdue medieval metropolises equivalent to Cairo, Shiraz, and Samarkand.
- Lebanon: The Fragmented Nation: Volume 12 (Routledge Library Editions: Politics of the Middle East)
- International Organizations and the Implementation of the Responsibility to Protect: The Humanitarian Crisis in Syria (Global Politics and the Responsibility to Protect)
- The Persistence of the Palestinian Question: Essays on Zionism and the Palestinians
- Detainee Abuse During Op TELIC: ‘A Few Rotten Apples’?
- Nationalism and Post-Colonial Identity: Culture and Ideology in India and Egypt (RoutledgeCurzon Advances in Middle East and Islamic Studies)
Additional resources for Crisis and Rebellion in the Ottoman Empire: The Downfall of a Sultan in the Age of Revolution (Library of Ottoman Studies)
Crisis and Rebellion in the Ottoman Empire: The Downfall of a Sultan in the Age of Revolution (Library of Ottoman Studies) by Aysel Yıldız