By Jane Hodson
Read Online or Download Dialect and Literature in the Long Nineteenth Century PDF
Similar british & irish contemporary literature books
Literary discourse, together with poetry, fiction and non-fiction, diaries, and drama, this assortment deals impressive and interesting examples of girls writers who built-in medical fabric of their literary narratives.
An immense contribution to contemporary severe discussions approximately gender, sexuality, and fabric tradition in Renaissance England, this examine analyzes lady- and male-authored lyrics to light up how gender and sexuality inflected 16th- and seventeenth-century poets' conceptualization of relatives between humans and issues, human and non-human matters and items.
British Women's lifestyles Writing, 1760-1840 brings jointly for the 1st time quite a lot of print and manuscript resources to illustrate women's leading edge method of self-representation. It examines canonical writers, equivalent to Mary Wollstonecraft, Mary Robinson, and Helen Maria Williams, among others.
This examine engages the lifetime of shape in modern cutting edge poetries via either an advent to the newest theories and shut readings of prime North American and British leading edge poets. The severe strategy derives from Robert Sheppard’s axiomatic rivalry that poetry is the research of advanced modern realities during the skill (meanings) of shape.
- Literature and Popular Culture in Early Modern England
- Ashgate Critical Essays on Women Writers in England, 1550-1700: Volume 1: Early Tudor Women Writers
- Victorian Fiction Beyond the Canon (Palgrave Studies in Nineteenth-Century Writing and Culture)
- Reading and the First World War: Readers, Texts, Archives (New Directions in Book History)
- Sex and Sensibility in the Novels of Alan Hollinghurst
- The Anthropocene Lyric: An Affective Geography of Poetry, Person, Place
Extra resources for Dialect and Literature in the Long Nineteenth Century
Dialect and Literature in the Long Nineteenth Century by Jane Hodson