By James M. Clawson
Read or Download Durrell Re-read: Crossing the Liminal in Lawrence Durrell's Major Novels PDF
Similar british & irish contemporary literature books
Taking a look at literary discourse, together with poetry, fiction and non-fiction, diaries, and drama, this assortment deals notable and engaging examples of girls writers who built-in medical fabric of their literary narratives.
A big contribution to fresh serious discussions approximately gender, sexuality, and fabric tradition in Renaissance England, this examine analyzes girl- and male-authored lyrics to light up how gender and sexuality inflected 16th- and seventeenth-century poets' conceptualization of kin between humans and issues, human and non-human matters and gadgets.
British Women's existence Writing, 1760-1840 brings jointly for the 1st time quite a lot of print and manuscript resources to illustrate women's cutting edge method of self-representation. It examines canonical writers, equivalent to Mary Wollstonecraft, Mary Robinson, and Helen Maria Williams, among others.
This research engages the lifetime of shape in modern leading edge poetries via either an creation to the most recent theories and shut readings of top North American and British cutting edge poets. The severe procedure derives from Robert Sheppard’s axiomatic rivalry that poetry is the research of advanced modern realities during the capacity (meanings) of shape.
- Intellectual Politics and Cultural Conflict in the Romantic Period: Scottish Whigs, English Radicals and the Making of the British Public Sphere (The Nineteenth Century Series)
- Gender and Scientific Discourse in Early Modern Culture (Literary and Scientific Cultures of Early Modernity)
- Politics and Awe in Rudyard Kipling's Fiction: 0
- Elizabeth von Arnim: Beyond the German Garden
- Reading and the First World War: Readers, Texts, Archives (New Directions in Book History)
Extra resources for Durrell Re-read: Crossing the Liminal in Lawrence Durrell's Major Novels
Durrell Re-read: Crossing the Liminal in Lawrence Durrell's Major Novels by James M. Clawson