By Thor A., Dr., Psy.D Johansen
This ebook deals new percentages for psychological overall healthiness pros who're searching for how one can adapt conventional remedy and counseling strategies to handle the religious and mental matters their consumers face. the writer makes use of an Adlerian person Psychology point of view, which rejects organic determinism and makes a speciality of the impression of strong environmental elements on character.
This e-book presents particular tools and directions for using person Psychology suggestions to consumers of every of the world's significant religions, together with Christianity, Judaism, Buddhism, Hinduism, and Islam. the writer deals a wealth of perception into the customs, theories, and philosophies of every faith. With this information, psychological future health execs can use person Psychology equipment and methods to raised comprehend and support consumers.
- Discusses how person Psychology might be built-in with Christian spirituality
- Examines the relational and social theories of Judaism in comparison to Adler's theories of social curiosity
- Compares Adler's theories with the moral, religious, and social structures of Islam
- Reviews the doctrines of Hinduism, together with the assumption in karma and reincarnation, the ambitions of lifestyles, and the trails to God
- Presents case examples to demonstrate how mental and non secular difficulties should be approached utilizing Adlerian psychotherapy
Read or Download Religion and Spirituality in Psychotherapy: An Individual Psychology Perspective PDF
Similar psychological counselling books
This publication deals new percentages for psychological health and wellbeing pros who're searching for how you can adapt conventional treatment and counseling strategies to handle the religious and mental matters their consumers face. the writer makes use of an Adlerian person Psychology standpoint, which rejects organic determinism and makes a speciality of the impact of robust environmental components on character.
Pat and Sarah had lengthy been acquaintances, not only brother and sister. They supported one another, shared song and flicks, and confided in one another as they went throughout the many demanding phases of youth. yet anything started to swap in Pat. He used to be confident humans have been gazing him, spying on him.
Counseling Latinos and l. a. familia offers an built-in method of knowing Latino households and extending competency for counselors and different psychological surgeon who paintings with Latinos and their households. It offers crucial heritage information regarding the Latino inhabitants and the family, that is so principal to Latino tradition, together with the range of varied Spanish-speaking teams, socio-political concerns, and altering relations kinds.
Love the Wild Swan is the fruits of thirty years of medical and educating event, undertaken by means of baby and adolescent psychoanalytic psychotherapist Judith Edwards. in addition to new fabric, the ebook contains formerly released papers spanning Edwards’s complete profession, which were conscientiously chosen to chart the adventure that each clinician and individual makes, from babyhood to grownup lifestyles.
- Constructivist, Critical, And Integrative Approaches To Couples Counseling
- Women Psychotherapists: Journeys in Healing
- Supervision: Questions and Answers for Counsellors and Therapists (Questions And Answers For Counsellors And Therapists (Whurr))
- Divorce and Loss: Helping Adults and Children Mourn When a Marriage Comes Apart
- Attachment: Expanding the Cultural Connections (Family Therapy and Counseling)
- Principles of Counseling and Psychotherapy: Learning the Essential Domains and Nonlinear Thinking of Master Practitioners
Additional info for Religion and Spirituality in Psychotherapy: An Individual Psychology Perspective
Religion and Spirituality in Psychotherapy: An Individual Psychology Perspective by Thor A., Dr., Psy.D Johansen