By Mary Beth McConahey
Read or Download The City and Sex: Private Vice and Public Scandal in the American Republic PDF
Similar government books
An creation to faith and Politics deals a entire assessment of the numerous theories of faith and politics, and offers scholars with an obtainable yet in-depth account of the main major debates, concerns and methodologies. Fox examines the ways that faith impacts politics, analyses the present key concerns and offers a cutting-edge account of faith and politics, highlighting the range in country faith rules world wide.
Whereas the ecu Union (EU) is broadly perceived as a version for local integration, the encouragement of local co-operation additionally ranks excessive between its overseas coverage priorities. Drawing on a wealth of resources and huge fieldwork carried out within the Commonwealth of self reliant States (CIS), Laure Delcour questions the pursuit of this exterior target in european rules carried out within the CIS and the lifestyles of an ecu local imaginative and prescient within the post-Soviet quarter.
This selection of non-partisan studies written by way of award-winning CQ Researcher newshounds makes a speciality of provocative present coverage matters. As an annual ebook that comes jointly simply months ahead of it is going to press, the amount is all new and as updated as attainable. and since it’s CQ Researcher, the coverage studies are expertly researched and written, exhibiting either side of a topic.
The ultimate for Congress classes for over 30 yearsCongress and Its individuals, 16th variation, via Roger H. Davidson, Walter J. Oleszek, Frances E. Lee, and Eric Schickler, deals readers present, finished insurance of Congress and the legislative technique via analyzing the stress among Congress as a lawmaking establishment and as a set of politicians consistently seeking re-election.
- Local Politics and Mayoral Elections in 21st Century America: The Keys to City Hall (Routledge Research in Urban Politics and Policy)
- Electoral Systems and Governance: How Diversity Can Improve Policy-Making (Routledge Research in Comparative Politics)
- Japan's Role in the Post-Cold War World (Contributions in Political Science)
- Ruling the World?: Constitutionalism, International Law, and Global Governance
- The Other Founders: Anti-Federalism and the Dissenting Tradition in America, 1788-1828 (Published by the Omohundro Institute of Early American History ... and the University of North Carolina Press)
- Forbearance as Redistribution: The Politics of Informal Welfare in Latin America (Cambridge Studies in Comparative Politics)
Additional info for The City and Sex: Private Vice and Public Scandal in the American Republic
The City and Sex: Private Vice and Public Scandal in the American Republic by Mary Beth McConahey