By William Ming Liu
Fulfiling this want, this guide summarizes and synthesizes on hand examine on social type and classism in counseling perform and learn parts. The 32 chapters incorporated supply updated, attention-grabbing, and provocative functions of social classification and classism, as pro bankruptcy authors supply an outline of theories regarding social classification and classism and its software towards learn, schooling, education, and perform. Chapters comprise entire assurance of:
- lifespan concerns with regards to social classification, reminiscent of certain facets of social type and classism within the lives of youngsters, youngsters, and older adults
- how social type is studied and empirically understood via learn, overview, and practice
- implications of social category in occupation counseling, mental evaluation and prognosis, and the remedy relationship
- how social type is implicated in optimistic psychology, occupation and paintings psychology, and well-being psychology
- social type and classism and its connection to whiteness, racism, sexual orientation, faith and spirituality, and social justice
This booklet deals the 1st compendium of counseling similar assets on social category and classism and may be a accomplished, must-have reference for execs and lecturers in counseling psychology and comparable fields for years to come.
Read or Download The Oxford Handbook of Social Class in Counseling (Oxford Library of Psychology) PDF
Best psychological counselling books
This publication deals new percentages for psychological health and wellbeing execs who're searching for how one can adapt conventional treatment and counseling ideas to deal with the religious and mental concerns their consumers face. the writer makes use of an Adlerian person Psychology standpoint, which rejects organic determinism and makes a speciality of the impact of robust environmental components on character.
Pat and Sarah had lengthy been pals, not only brother and sister. They supported one another, shared song and flicks, and confided in one another as they went during the many not easy phases of formative years. yet anything started to switch in Pat. He was once confident humans have been staring at him, spying on him.
Counseling Latinos and l. a. familia offers an built-in method of knowing Latino households and extending competency for counselors and different psychological doctor who paintings with Latinos and their households. It offers crucial historical past information regarding the Latino inhabitants and the household, that is so primary to Latino tradition, together with the range of assorted Spanish-speaking teams, socio-political concerns, and altering relatives types.
Love the Wild Swan is the fruits of thirty years of scientific and instructing adventure, undertaken by way of baby and adolescent psychoanalytic psychotherapist Judith Edwards. in addition to new fabric, the e-book contains formerly released papers spanning Edwards’s whole occupation, which were conscientiously chosen to chart the adventure that each clinician and individual makes, from babyhood to grownup lifestyles.
- Incorporating Progress Monitoring and Outcome Assessment into Counseling and Psychotherapy: A Primer
- Multi-generational Family Therapy: Tools and resources for the therapist
- Mindfulness and Acceptance in Social Work: Evidence-Based Interventions and Emerging Applications (The Context Press Mindfulness and Acceptance Practica Series)
- Outsmarting the Riptide of Domestic Violence: Metaphor and Mindfulness for Change
- Culturally Relevant Ethical Decision-Making in Counseling
- Certified Rehabilitation Counselor Examination Preparation: A Concise Guide to the Rehabilitation Counselor Test
Additional info for The Oxford Handbook of Social Class in Counseling (Oxford Library of Psychology)
The Oxford Handbook of Social Class in Counseling (Oxford Library of Psychology) by William Ming Liu