By D. Cook,A. Culley
Read or Download Women's Life Writing, 1700-1850: Gender, Genre and Authorship PDF
Similar british & irish contemporary literature books
Literary discourse, together with poetry, fiction and non-fiction, diaries, and drama, this assortment bargains amazing and interesting examples of ladies writers who built-in medical fabric of their literary narratives.
An incredible contribution to contemporary serious discussions approximately gender, sexuality, and fabric tradition in Renaissance England, this learn analyzes lady- and male-authored lyrics to light up how gender and sexuality inflected 16th- and seventeenth-century poets' conceptualization of relatives between humans and issues, human and non-human topics and gadgets.
British Women's lifestyles Writing, 1760-1840 brings jointly for the 1st time quite a lot of print and manuscript assets to illustrate women's leading edge method of self-representation. It examines canonical writers, resembling Mary Wollstonecraft, Mary Robinson, and Helen Maria Williams, among others.
This examine engages the lifetime of shape in modern leading edge poetries via either an creation to the most recent theories and shut readings of top North American and British cutting edge poets. The severe strategy derives from Robert Sheppard’s axiomatic rivalry that poetry is the research of complicated modern realities in the course of the ability (meanings) of shape.
- Volume 12, Tome II: Kierkegaard's Influence on Literature, Criticism and Art: Denmark (Kierkegaard Research: Sources, Reception and Resources)
- On Demand: Writing for the Market in Early Modern England
- Coming Out of War: Poetry, Grieving, and the Culture of the World Wars
- The Routledge Research Companion to Nineteenth-Century British Literature and Science
- The Legal Thriller from Gardner to Grisham: See you in Court! (Crime Files)
Additional info for Women's Life Writing, 1700-1850: Gender, Genre and Authorship
Women's Life Writing, 1700-1850: Gender, Genre and Authorship by D. Cook,A. Culley